shower pump
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
redkev
Tradesman
Tradesman

shower pump

by redkev » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:36 pm

i have a combi boiler. with mixer shower up stairs. good pressure.

i have an electrical one "mira sport" down stairs with no pressure. would installing a shower pump help?? and if i was to do this as the shower is fed from under the house would u just put the pump on the pipe before it comes through the floor? cheers

Rico
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Rico » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:58 am

redkev,

From what I can see the Mira Sport should be feed direct from mains cold supply.

You need to check no bloakages in filters or anything else wrong with pipework / shower before considering a pump.

If you do need to fit a pump if it pumps more than 12l/min you will need to obtain permission from your water supplier to fit it.

Hope this helps.

Rico

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

by nitro23456 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:43 pm

you shoulnt pump mains pressure water.

Rico
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Rico » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:25 pm

redkev,

This is a quote from Thames Water, so suggets you check with your supplier.

Water Regulations approval of booster pumps If you are fitting a booster pump drawing 12 litres per minute or more, Thames Water's Water Regulations department will need to approve the installation. This is to comply with the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999 (Regulation 5), which details specific types of plumbing works that require written consent before the works can proceed.

For in-line booster pumps, this means that:

A double check valve will be needed to protect the mains water supply from ingress.

To prevent the main being drained in the event of a burst, booster pumps must be designed to shut off when the pressure in the water main drops to the Critical Pressure Point. This setting will be confirmed in writing to owners of affected buildings

Rico

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:53 pm