Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
suze
Labourer
Labourer

Shower shenaningins

by suze » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:50 pm

Hello folks

So it goes like this - my plan was to simply replace the shower kit cos the chrome was all rusty.

I bought a cheap (and not very nice) thing from Focus and screwed the kit to the wall - so far so good, no new drilling required .. :)

Then I swapped the shower hose, a job I've done before, but this time when I turn the shower on --- > water spouted out of the overflow pipe and hardly any was coming through the hose to the new shower head. :o

I realised that the diameter of the new hose is less than the old one, so I swapped them back, but the overflow is still overflowing even with the pipe which was working fine this morning!

Am I going to have to get a new shower or is there some easy thing I might try to fix it?

It's a simple Triton Biarritz fed by just cold water.

Thanks so much for any advice!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:14 pm

suze,
Some showers have a pressure relief valve fitted to them which pops when there is too much back pressure. Its a single failure device and has to be replaced once it has operated.
end

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:24 pm

By "shower kit" do you mean the riser rail, the spray head holder, the spray head and the hose? In other words you haven't changed the shower unit itself? Yes?

What do you mean by "overflow pipe"?

Its not a matter of hose diameter. Its whether the hose end is correctly threaded for the shower and vice versa.

If the new one gives you an unexpected water spout and the old one now gives you an unexpected water spout (where it didn't previously) I'd be tempted to suggest that you haven't put back the little plastic sealing washer.

Cheers

suze
Labourer
Labourer

by suze » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:48 am

[quote="stoneyboy"]suze,
Some showers have a pressure relief valve fitted to them which pops when there is too much back pressure. Its a single failure device and has to be replaced once it has operated.
end[/quote]

yes, thanks, I think this is right, and someone has told me this is an easy job.

@rosebery -- it was called a kit, and it is just the external bits you named ..

I dunno why it popped the pressure valve, I thought the hose size might have been the reason .. but popped it certainly did, when it's just supposed to be a simple swap .. hey ho

thanks for your help
xxxxx

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:19 am