Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
paulr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Shower Silconing - 2 Questions

by paulr » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:13 pm

maybe not the right place for this

1) I have small hole in the silcone in the corner of my shower tray. I know from past experience that its not always best to try and silicone on top of other sealant already in place, but I also don't want to pull it all up and reseal from scratch for the sake of a small hole. Any tips?

2) I need to reseal my shower taps. Easy to remove and so forth and to seal, BUT the covers that I currently have in place that are cheap chrome effect, don't actually fit flush anymore to the tiles due to some retiling work I had to do (long story) but are they easy to replace and where do you get them from? Any ideas - am I being dumb and actually these are rife on EBay!!

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:50 pm

It depends on the condition of the silicone in the shower tray. If it is new, with it bone dry and clean, just silicone over with new. If it is showing signs of age it is better in the long run to cut it out and replace with new.

The shower covers you mention are a nightmare to find. I have failed several times searching and trying substitutes. In fact, if I remove an old shower and the caps are in good condition, I save them. IT doesn't help either that there a several different types.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:35 am