shower
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
GEOJUL123
Apprentice
Apprentice

shower

by GEOJUL123 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:41 am

Have had bathroom re-fitted, part of this refurbishment was a new deck mounted thermostatic mixer shower. I noticed in reading the manual it states when using a combi-boiler (which we have) to fit flow restrictors . I asked the plumber if these had been fitted and he said they were not required??. Is that correct?? The shower does work fine I was just concerned about any long term damage if not fitted??

swidders
Ganger
Ganger

by swidders » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:52 pm

Since the manufacturer recommends that they are fitted, then fit them - if any fault occurs, then the manufacturers will be free to escape from liability - if you look at the manual, it probably states this. So get the plumber back and tell him to do his job as per the manufacturer's specification, regardless of what his experience may tell him.

Barry Bunsen
Ganger
Ganger

by Barry Bunsen » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:10 pm

You should always follow manufacturers instructions for the reasons stated. However I had numerous problems with my own thermostatic shower (after about 15 months) which were only cured when I removed the filters. Its worked fine for years since. I mentioned this to a plumber once who said that when called to repair a shower he always removes the filters. Im not saying he is right to do so. Remember if the filters are fitted and get clogged up they will need to be removed and cleaned. However your plumber is obliged to return and fit them.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:34 pm

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 pm