shower that won't turn off - and replacement parts
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
deewillow
Labourer
Labourer

shower that won't turn off - and replacement parts

by deewillow » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:23 pm

I have a newteam 3000t shower which is about 7 years old. Its recently developed a drip, that has now turned into a more persistent flow of water that you cannot turn off. A 'DIY handy' friend suggested replacing the Pump Gland O ring. I've tried the manufacturer (now owned by Bristan) and this shower is no longer made and they don't have any spare parts. Does anyone have any suggestions before I have to think about replacing an otherwise ok shower. Do these 'rings' come in certain sizes maybe and I can get one from somewhere else?
Apologies if these are daft questions!!!

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:57 pm

If its just an O ring that has split or deteriorated then you should be able to find a O ring the same size. Take the O ring out and go to any heating / plumbing shop and they should have one.

Some showers (most new ones) have a pressure relief valve that opens if too much pressure builds up in the shower,

where is the water coming from, the shower head or the bottom of the shower unit.

deewillow
Labourer
Labourer

by deewillow » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:10 pm

thanks for the reply.....the water is dripping from the showerhead - so at least its not leaking from somewhere it shouldn't!!
I'll see if replacing the O ring helps..

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:03 am