DIY Doctor

Shower waste to soil pipe position

Postby Condormoment » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:15 am

I have a horizontal external soil pipe feeding into a vertical stack from the bathroom, with the waste pipes feeding into it. The order from the end of the horizontal soil pipe section running towards the stack are 1. Sink, 2. Bath, 3. Shower, 4. WC. in that order.

I want to move the shower waste from its current position to between the WC waste and the stack. This makes the shower waste pipe run shorter, but I can't work out why it was not done like this previously. So my question: Is there a reason why I should not have a shower waste between the WC and stack? I hope this is clear, if not I can post an image. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
IMG_4760.jpg
Condormoment
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:42 pm

Hi condormoment
Suspect that since the soil pipe is horizontal the thinking was that solids would be flushed towards the stack.
So yes you could relocate the shower pipe but it's probably worth creating a fall on the soil pipe.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Postby Condormoment » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:33 am

Thanks Stoneyboy, appreciated. You are right, there is hardly any fall on that horizontal pipe so I'll fix that too. Good stuff.
Condormoment
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!