Shower Water From the Floor Above is Coming up into the Bath?
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
alisonjane
Labourer
Labourer

Shower Water From the Floor Above is Coming up into the Bath?

by alisonjane » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:17 pm

Hello,

There was an old shower in the top floor room when I bought my victorian house last year. I have the shower area made into a proper wet room, the room has been used about once a week and it gurgles a bit a few mins after it has been used. However, the bath on the floor below is being re-sealed so three of us have used the wet room each day for the last few days and yesterday when the shower was in use the bath filled up with 2 inches of water coming up through the plughole - any ideas why and what to do? Thank you for reading

flagstone
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Shower Water From the Floor Above is Coming up into the Bath?

by flagstone » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:35 am

It sounds like your wet room may have a couple of problems.

1. It may just be that the waste pipe is leaking and need sealing around the joint.

2. Your wet room may not have been properly sealed. You need a special tray or tanking membrane laid down before you tile and if this has been omitted then water will just soak through the tiles and drip through the ceiling.

If you take a small square section of plaster from your ceiling just below your wet room waste you should be able to see the cause of your problem.

If it turns out to be really bad you may have to have a new wet room floor laid.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:04 am