Siemens compatibility
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
RoyG
Tradesman
Tradesman

Siemens compatibility

Post by RoyG » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:55 am

I have a problem with the CH/HW which I've finally traced to the mid position valve. It wasn't sending a live on the orange core so the boiler wouldn't fire up.

I took the cover off the valve and the circuit board has gone a very suspicious looking dark brown colour round one of the components. The motor won't turn either. (not electrically and not if I try to twist the cog)

Now the valve is a Siemens 3PMP V22 (Which I think I only put in a few years ago) In an ideal world I'd replace the actuator head to avoid draining the system but I don't seem to be able to find one. I have a feeling the model is discontinued. What I can find is a complete valve, a CMV 322 which would be a drop-in replacement for the whole assembly

So after that preamble, my question is, would the actuator head for a CMV 322 be compatible with a 3PMP body? I'd be happy to get the complete valve and bin the body just to avoid the pain of draining the system

On the other hand, if I have to drain the system and put in a whole new valve I'd get a Honeywell like I should have done 4 years ago

RoyG
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by RoyG » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:23 pm

Having ferreted round the web a bit more, I found a note that says the 3PMP doesn't have a replaceable actuator head. Is that right? If it is I'll get a Honeywell 4073 asap

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1