Single Storey Extension - How do I Submit Drawings to Building Regs for Checking?
Information, help and advice on many architecture, self build and design problems and issues

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bubs
Labourer
Labourer

Single Storey Extension - How do I Submit Drawings to Building Regs for Checking?

Post by bubs » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:27 pm

Hi,
I'm looking at getting a single storey flat-roof extension built at the rear of my house. It's a basic square (with small cut out to avoid a drain cover). I understand that although I don't need planning permission for this I will need to have the drawings submitted to building regs and then inspected by them.
How does this work, do i submit them to the planning then they get onto building regs or do I have to go to one or the other (or both).

I have done drawings for planning documents for signage so I'm capable of the actual drawing but I obviously lack the knowledge needed for building regulation requirements for materials and construction techniques. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to get started and what sort of details with regard to these that I would need to have on the plans. (As I live on Canvey island I know that the houses are built onto raft foundations)

thanks,
Mike

michaelbailey
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Single Storey Extension - How do I Submit Drawings to Building Regs for Checking?

Post by michaelbailey » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:52 pm

planning and building regs are 2 different depts. contact building control you should be able to do this on a building notice which means paying the whole fee upfront. and when the BCO visits they will advise you.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:38 pm