SKY TV, mounting plasma hiding ALL the wiring!
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
worm
Apprentice
Apprentice

SKY TV, mounting plasma hiding ALL the wiring!

by worm » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:45 pm

Hi all,

I attempting to mount my plasma on a wall whilst hiding ALL the wiring!!

I eventually want to get SKY TV too. However I'm not too sure how it works? Does SKY run through your standard Coax cable? Or is Satallite cabeling needed, if so how is done please!

Therefore I can embed the wires to enable SKY to be added at a later date, without having to chase the wall away again thus creating twice the work!

any ideas please?

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:31 pm

Hi, 'Sky' does require a particular hi quality coax which takes 'F' connectors. 'normal tv also needs good quality coax for later 'digi-tv' or if using set top digi-box instead of sat.
probs are need to keep mains & singal cables apart, and as no standard positioning of inlets on TV's how do you know where to run to?
Best way I have found is to run each to a flush metal back box, coil cables inside with blank plate temp. untill output connectors decided upon,
wiring in conduits to allow for the ones you forgot to go in later, [eg coax to dist box for other tv's ].
regards SPARX

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:12 am

Sky doesn't work like Freeview, the satellite dish is connected to a digi box via a high quality coax cable. The digibox sits with your DVD player etc.

This is where it gets complicated though, you can connect to the tv using a RF (coax) cable, but to make the most of the plasma's picture quality, you should use scart leads from each item of equipment. Then of course if it is intended to view in HD, an HDMI cable link will be needed.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:04 pm