slate floor tiles
Advice and information on tiling and fixing tiles to a variety of surfaces

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
parkerela
Labourer
Labourer

slate floor tiles

by parkerela » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:32 pm

I am thinking of laying a slate floor in my kitchen,the floor is concrete,so what adhesive is best?the tiles the wife has chosen are all the same size but different thickness,is it advisable to lay them in lines or should they be layed randomly?.can anyone give me some tips pls. Thanks

woodnut78
Labourer
Labourer

Re: slate floor tiles

by woodnut78 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:50 pm

[quote="parkerela"]I am thinking of laying a slate floor in my kitchen,the floor is concrete,so what adhesive is best?the tiles the wife has chosen are all the same size but different thickness,is it advisable to lay them in lines or should they be layed randomly?.can anyone give me some tips pls. Thanks[/quote]

Make sure when you start laying the slate tiles that you set off with the thicker ones first to get your level, then just 'bed up' the thinner ones to that level. As for the laying sequence, staart on a level wall and work away, if fitting units etc, start at opposite side of room so the last cuts are hidden under the units.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:44 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:06 pm