slow draining bathroom sink
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
TS45
Apprentice
Apprentice

slow draining bathroom sink

by TS45 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am

I have a slow draining pipe under bathroom sink so i am going to look at the trap under the sink. Ive not done this before so was wondering if anyone could advise on which parts I unscrew after switching off water supply. I assume I unscrew the white wheel/clamps that should allow be to takeout the trap part which I would clean.....photo attached...thanks
Attachments
bathroom sink drainage.jpg

Nodad
Labourer
Labourer

Re: slow draining bathroom sink

by Nodad » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:13 pm

Before you go to the trouble of taking the waste apart try putting bicarbonate of soda and vinegar down the plug hole. Let it sit for an hour or so then pour boiling water down. Works like a charm on soap and scum build up :)

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:34 pm

Hi ts45
Undo the big bowl bit at the bottom, just have a bucket underneath.
Regards S

TS45
Apprentice
Apprentice

by TS45 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:00 pm

Many thanks for your help - i did unscrew the round bit and it was covered with what was gunk i.e. toothpaste and stuff - i cleaned it - however there are still bits in the upper part that i cant get to - would you know of a tool i could use to scrape this gunk out? perhaps i could use some wire.... also thank you for the suggestion to pour down water and BOS - i have poured boiling water down the sink hole - can i ask is it bicarbonate of soda or baking powder?...also going forward is there anything on the market that i could use to prevent build up in pipes? i have heard of drain sticks but not sure if these would work.....

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:07 am