DIY Doctor

Slow Filling Toilet Cistern and Mains Pressure not Great

Postby AjayK46 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:11 pm

My toilet cistern is getting slower and slower to refill. It's never been extremely fast and I know my mains pressure is not brilliant but this is now a problem.

I am thinking of replacing the inlet valve completely with something better but how do I go about it and what would a better type be?

It is a bottom inlet and rather inaccessible. Having turned the supply off what tool would I use to undo the nut on the end of the flexible connector as it won't be accessible with a normal spanner?

The next issue is that the plastic nut that holds the bottom of the inlet valve sealed against the bottom of the tank is slightly offset against the access hole in the bowl so again how do I undo that?

I attach some photos of what is installed to hopefully clarify what I am trying to explain.

Help much appreciated.
Attachments
20191210_135520 (1).jpg
Supply from underneath showing issue with offset plastic nut against access hole in toilet bowl.
20191210_140910 (1).jpg
Inlet valve mechanism / type
20191210_140850 (1).jpg
Inlet valve mechanism / type
AjayK46
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby AjayK46 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:12 pm

Any help much appreciated.
AjayK46
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!