Slurry tanking a cellar or infill
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Jiveman
Labourer
Labourer

Slurry tanking a cellar or infill

Post by Jiveman » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:35 pm

I have a vaulted cellar under my house. It's part of a pub conversion and I have no access to it from mine. I don't want to use it. It's about 3x3m and has a large waste water pipe running across it. It also has regular standing water 4-6". On top of this my neighbour has permission granted to Tank her cellar to a living area? standard. Once done I'll never access the space again. That's the background
I'm wondering if tanking it withy slurry including the floor is a good idea? Ideally I want to forget about it, but slow maybe even stop ingress.
What would people here do?
It's also Grade 2.
Thank You

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Slurry tanking a cellar or infill

Post by stoneyboy » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:13 pm

Hi jiveman,
Tanking the cellar is unlikely to stop water ingress in the longer term because the tanking will crack. Suggest you put a sump pump in the cellar and cross ventilate it to limit damp.
Regards S

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Slurry tanking a cellar or infill

Post by stoneyboy » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:13 pm

Hi jiveman,
Tanking the cellar is unlikely to stop water ingress in the longer term because the tanking will crack. Suggest you put a sump pump in the cellar and cross ventilate it to limit damp.
Regards S

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:02 pm