DIY Doctor

small cylinder under kitchen sink

Postby Alligator » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:49 pm


There is a small metal cylinder like object under my kitchen sink, it's not very large, perhaps about 6-7 inches tall and it's connected to the cold water pipe running from the stop tap. It looks quite old and has the letters WEC 1/2 written on the front.

Does anyone know what this may be? I have a photo of it, but I don't know if I can upload it on here.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:17 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stephenwitts » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:48 am

Probably a water hammer arrestor like the one shown at
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:43 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics