Small tears appearing in newly hung wallpaper
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
concave32
Labourer
Labourer

Small tears appearing in newly hung wallpaper

by concave32 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:06 am

Hi
I've wallpapered a room after re-plastering and skimming.
Skimming was finished about 7 weeks before papering and was certainly dry. Walls were sized and everything looked fine.
I've just noticed some very small tears in the wallpaper along one wall. You can't see them at more than about 3 ft away, but I am concerned as to what is causing them. The tears go across the drops most of the way across the wall so guess it's not being too physical with the sponging whilst hanging, and I would have noticed this.

Any ideas? Could cracking skim cause this?

Any help appreciated......

JRS
Ganger
Ganger

by JRS » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:58 pm

Any pics mate. I find this hard to understand. was it a cheap paper you hung? Most durable paper wont rip unless there is a massive amount of movement behind the paper but you would feel the crack from above the paper.

concave32
Labourer
Labourer

by concave32 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:01 pm

JRS, thanks for response.

Pic attached

Can't feel any bump underneath.

Top quality (£60/roll) paper.
Google "s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/concave32/"

JRS
Ganger
Ganger

by JRS » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:02 pm

concave32 wrote:JRS, thanks for response.

Pic attached

Can't feel any bump underneath.

Top quality (£60/roll) paper.
Google "s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/concave32/"

Need to copy and paste the url link mate i cant click on your link.

Cant see why expensive paper would tear tho so i doubt it would be by being to heavy handed as most are rather durable. Could it possibly have been a bad roll, batch check the old cuts if you have them or any spare rolls seen this a few times.

If you have neither only way i could tell is, if you have cut them in order then, if you got 3 lengths a roll the 3 will be in line. Hope that helps untill i can view the pics.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 am