Smeg SUK62MBL5 Double Oven Cooling Fan
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mmolyneux
Labourer
Labourer

Smeg SUK62MBL5 Double Oven Cooling Fan

by mmolyneux » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:20 am

I've got a Smeg suk62mbl5 cooker and I've noticed that the fan isn't working when I turn the bottom oven off. It used to be that when I'd cooked and switched it off the fan would continue to make a noise - I assume to cool down. But it's stopped doing this now and I hear a very faint buzzing sound instead. Any ideas please? Thanks

John1965
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Smeg SUK62MBL5 Double Oven Cooling Fan

by John1965 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:55 am

Hi,

Have you checked the fan in that oven, its quite easy to access, if you take the oven shelves out and then look to the back of the oven there will be a cover plate usually held in place by 4-6 screws if you remove this cover you should see the fan it may be seized or gunked up with grease out the oven, its worth a check.

Please be sure to isolate the cooker from the mains supply before doing any of the above.

Regards John,

mmolyneux
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Smeg SUK62MBL5 Double Oven Cooling Fan

by mmolyneux » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:55 am

Hi thanks for the reply. It’s not the main fan at the back that’s stopped. I think there’s a cooling fan in there too, that keeps running for a bit when you turn the oven off. It’s this that’s stopped....but no idea where it is and how to get to It!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:59 pm