SMELL FROM OUTSIDE FLUE
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
figradon
Labourer
Labourer

SMELL FROM OUTSIDE FLUE

by figradon » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:49 pm

My neighbour has been complaining about the smell in his house coming from my gas heating. The heating is on all the time now and he told me if I don't get it fixed he will get intouch with the Health enviroment. I had it installed last October. I phoned the plumber several times last year and he said nothing can be done. I have spoken to several people to get second opinion. They said to speak to the person who installed it.
I phoned the plumber and he said he could move my boiler up higher. I don't think that will make any difference. I am willing to pay for extention but not wanting him to move the whole boiler/pipes etc higher and still have same problem. The neighbours door is quite close to the pipe. my neighbour told me his daughter had an extention added to hers. There are always new regulations coming out all the time.
Do you think an extention facing away from the neighbours house will work :?:

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:15 pm

Yes you can get plume kits for exactly this type of situation - there probably is no smell but some people like to moan - how far is it from his door ?

If within regulations - he wouldn't get anywhere trying to take it further

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1