DIY Doctor

Main navigation

so many pipes in my airing cupbaord, what are they!!!

Postby stevehayes » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:05 pm

I have started a plumbing course and have briefly started on hot water. I know most systems nowdays are indirect and have a primary flow and primary return as well as a 450mm offset to the vent pipe and hot water draw offs. But in my airing cupboard, there are many more pipes, a grundfos pump and a motorised valve! I know some of these are for central heating, but i just wondered if anyone could help me in naming the other pipes!! It's very confusing!! thanks for any advice/help that anyone can give me!
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:55 pm


Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:16 pm

Look at projects section you should find all answers with diagrams,

Hope it helps.
htg engineer
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Postby nitro23456 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:32 pm

check this out mate!!

I had the same question - pics at bottom: ... g+bath+hot
Rank: Foreman
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 346
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:19 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics