Sockets on one side of kitchen gone off
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Bob1962
Labourer
Labourer

Sockets on one side of kitchen gone off

by Bob1962 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:44 pm

Yesterday the sockets on one side of the kitchen went off I had assumed that they were all on the same circuit but it seems not. (Can’t find a connection between the good side and the faulty side)I checked for voltage on all sockets on the faulty side a was not getting anything at any socket. I think I have traced the feed cable which appears to be a 2.5mm single cable direct from the consumer unit to socket one which then spurs to sockets two and three. If I connect a temporary live to socket one everything works. that would suggest a break in the live somewhere under the floor. This seems very unlikely to me. Why would a cable just break. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Sockets on one side of kitchen gone off

by Mr White » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:05 am

Cables do not "just break" The only way to find out what has happened in your case would be to find the affected cable and examine it to establish what happened.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Sockets on one side of kitchen gone off

by ericmark » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:41 am

I remember loosing kitchen sockets in my dad's house and found FCU feed from FCU and one hidden under a kitchen unit.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:23 am