softwood tongue and groove pine flooring dilema!!
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
thaiboxerblk
Labourer
Labourer

softwood tongue and groove pine flooring dilema!!

by thaiboxerblk » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:05 am

Hi I am having new flooring laid on new joists! it is not identical to my previous flooring it seems a lot thinner I know I need to get it checked out!! what im getting is tongue and groove softwood flooring it seems very soft thin and very springy!

It has not bin completed yet but it is also creaking already!! I have no measurements as yet but if i compare it to the previous flooring sample then i suppose will have the ansa!

What im trying to say is i beleve I am having an inferior floorboards compared to my previous ones.

Some advice needed!

thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:48 pm

thaiboxerblk,
Standard T&G floorboarding is 22mm thick, I would recommend you use the thicker 25mm boards.
end

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:25 pm

If you are unhappy you should discuss it with your builder/installer. If I were him I'd be extremely unhappy if you turned to me tomorow and said "XYZ on DIY Doctor says you are doing it wrong".

thaiboxerblk
Labourer
Labourer

by thaiboxerblk » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:09 am

[quote="rosebery"]If you are unhappy you should discuss it with your builder/installer. If I were him I'd be extremely unhappy if you turned to me tomorow and said "XYZ on DIY Doctor says you are doing it wrong".[/quote]

Hi yes I know exactly what you mean. however knowledge is power wouldnt want to be asking the wrong questions to something when i dnt know what questions to ask thus upseeting the contracter.? but yes your right it is down to the builder to allay my fears but as you know i just dnt like being ignorant in any subject matter!! wouldnt suprise me if he has read it or ive replied to his quote!! lol but as these floorboards are going to be my focal point in my house then floorboards are not just 4 xmas floorboards are 4 life!!

thaiboxerblk
Labourer
Labourer

by thaiboxerblk » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:14 am

[quote="stoneyboy"]thaiboxerblk,
Standard T&G floorboarding is 22mm thick, I would recommend you use the thicker 25mm boards.
end[/quote]

Thanks!! think thats the only question I needed to ask I knew this website would come in handy!!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:19 am