Soil Pipe Access for new Log Cabin Garden Building
Drainage pipes, concrete, footings and foundations. Post your questions and find answers here

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bjf2019
Apprentice
Apprentice

Soil Pipe Access for new Log Cabin Garden Building

by bjf2019 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi,

I'd like to build a log cabin (not too large, approx. 3m x 4m and 2.1m high) in my garden and use it as an office/kids play room/self contained guest accommodation, and i'd like to install a toilet in there. The issue i have is how/where to join onto existing sewage pipe system.
My house is at the end of the street, and according to sewer maps the sewage pipe starts at my house and runs down the road. I have a manhole cover in my garden, however, a previous owner has build a single story extension in the area between the manhole cover and the location where i'd like to build the new log cabin (effectively dividing the garden)... So I can not simply dig a trench to the manhole cover to run the pipe as the extension is in the way, and according to the plans there is no existing pipe that i can tap into (as it starts at the man hole over and runs the wrong way)
However, the new extension does have a toilet in it, which joins into the pipes where the man hole cover is. But how do I access this pipe? Can i dig down and under the extension to get to the pipe and then fit a t-junction onto it? or is this near impossible? as i will have no access above the pipe, and the hole will just cave in...
I'm scratching my head as to how I'm going to make this toilet in the log cabin work without any sewage pipes to attach my soil pipe onto. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ben

bjf2019
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Soil Pipe Access for new Log Cabin Garden Building

by bjf2019 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:08 pm

Attached is a sewage plan drg to help explain!
Thanks,
Ben
Attachments
Presentation2.jpg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:41 am