Solar Panel hot Water System Advice
Find help, tips and information on renewable energy sources such as solar, wind etc.... and also alternative energy & heating production.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Deany1983
Labourer
Labourer

Solar Panel hot Water System Advice

by Deany1983 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:45 pm

I have a solar hot water system installed. I have an issue with the system control box showing a “system” error. I suspect the pump isn’t pumping the glycol round. Any advice/tips would be much appreciated.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Solar Panel hot Water System Advice

by ericmark » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:44 pm

Has it ever worked? My daughter has good solar powered water heating in Turkey, but in North Wales my father-in-law was conned he thought it was heating the DHW but what they did was disconnect immersion heater and use supply for solar panels so electric bill reduced, but in fact DWH was through gas central heating, which was only found when the smart meter was fitted and pilot flame went out.

The solar panels added 5 degrees C to DHW at best, as to if due to poor installation I don't know, but we got a different firm to re-fill it we thought at first the power being switched off had caused the problem. It was marked up as immersion heater so father-in-law had not realised he had switched it off.

So we spend a lot of money on panels that never likely worked. They looked good, but were useless.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:10 am