DIY Doctor

Someone to design new central heating system

Postby jack_of_all » Fri May 04, 2007 4:59 pm

I am totally renovating my 150yo house from the foundations up and need a person or company to design the central htg. system and specify all components including boiler, storage, rads, valves, control system, underfloor htg. etc., I intend to use Speedfit wherever possible. I will of course supply the necessary drawings. I have emailed a few Internet plumbing supply people but have found none so far who are capable of doing this. Any ideas please?
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:35 pm


Simply Build It

Postby eddie » Sat May 05, 2007 9:33 am

I am in the process of doing an extention and when I've enquired at a plumbers merchant about a new combi boiler and what size BTU output I need ,what size rad's i need etc. for the new part, they've informed me that i need a heating engineer/ surveyor with his magic calculation book to work it all out. Things like type of walls,floors, amount of insulation in the home etc. all get considered.

I just thought it would be the volume of each space but apperently not
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:09 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics