sparx and blakey.
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
murphy
Apprentice
Apprentice

sparx and blakey.

by murphy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:59 am

I am a 2330 student, looking to do the wiring regs course. The local college I attend is running courses for the 16th edition in jan and april next year. Want I want to know is it is worth doing one of these courses ,or should i wait for 17th edition. Am i right in thinking that if I do 16th, then I will only need to go on a shorter update course to gain 17th edition. If this is the case, are the update courses likely to be booked solid for some time.Would appreciate your opinion.

Cheers, Murphy.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:26 pm

Hi Murphy, good ? this!
Last week I went on an ECA 17th seminar ref which changes have made it to final book, [red edition, still called IEE regs,in spite of org. now called IET].
ECA are going to run 3 courses,
A] For those with recent 16th pass, 1 day update.
B] for those with ECS ' Gold cards' who read, understand changes & just sit exam on differences, 1 hour.
C]for those whose 16th cert. is old & who don't hold current 'ECS gold card' 3 days inc. exam.
I think thats right,
Prob. is regs come in force on 01/01/2008, with period to 01/07/2008 when work can be done to either 16th, or 17th ed. BUT not mixed & test certs must say to which standard installation is designed.
However no one is running courses until after Jan. & I have already registered for ECA & NAPIT places just in case as places will be at a premium,
regards SPARX

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:08 pm