DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Specific type of DA sander

Postby RogerH » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:16 pm

Hi all. Thanks for the add.

Years ago, a friend of mine had a DA sander which was set into a platten. The sanding disc was sprung so that, if not in contact with the surface to be sanded, it would stand proud of the platten. Once sanding, the (adjustable?) spring pressure would do the work, but the surrounding platten would make sure it was even.

For the life of me I can’t remember what it was called - and google searches have been fruitless.

Anyone able to tell me what the type is called? Where I might get one in the UK?

Thanks :-)
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:06 pm


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics