Squeeking sound from fridge
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
frontman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Squeeking sound from fridge

by frontman » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:15 am

Hi amigos,i am getting a high pitched squeeking sound from my fridge,could it be a fan needing oiled ??
Any help would be great ..Thanks

ARD
Apprentice
Apprentice

by ARD » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:57 pm

Sounds more like the condensor is playing up. Have you tried rocking the fridge from side to side, this sometimes works. If not then you will probably see the temperatures start to rise in the fridge as the condensor is packing up. Might be a good idea to put a thermometer in the fridge to see whats happening temperature wise

frontman
Apprentice
Apprentice

by frontman » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:33 am

Yeah i have moved it from side to side and it did stop..any ideas on what to do next then??

Can i repair condenser??

Thanks for your reply.

ARD
Apprentice
Apprentice

by ARD » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:59 am

Morning

The condensor is a sealed item.

Also, the gas in a fridge can be problematic.

You'll probably find that a new fridge is cheaper than a replacement condensor.

As you said moving it from side to side made it quiet for a while the last thing you could try would be to empty the fridge. Unplug it and let it stand. Then, turn it up side down and leave it for a few hours.

Then turn it the right way up and plug it in.

Fridges are strange things and this sometimes works, but don't ask me why :D

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:15 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:18 am