Stannah Stair Lift 250
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Cliffl
Labourer
Labourer

Stannah Stair Lift 250

by Cliffl » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:20 pm

Trying to fix a stair lift for a disabled lady. It won't go down unless you swop the wire to the other channel.
It looks like the power is on the relay but it uses a power
Lacey to switch it. Have a new relay sat in the post office waiting for me to collect it.
Cannot find the MOSFET it's an STP75NE7. If any one has a cct diagram would appreciate it.

Regards Cliff

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Stannah Stair Lift 250

by ericmark » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:15 am

I wish you luck. I have a problem with my father's chair lift and have found getting info a real pain. It seem the gremlins film has resulted in firms being unwilling to give out any information. The beeping while on station and will not move seems to be a regular fault but seems the guys repairing them keep the cause tight to their chest. I think they fancy the name engineer and hope if they don't tell anyone what the system is they will be called engineers even though they don't have a degree?

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:14 pm

Out of interest I did get my dad's lift repaired. Seems beeping was a warning that it was not being charged which happens if not parked at one of the three charging stations. Although I had hand wound it to a charging station it had been off charge for that long that the batteries were US. So it needed new batteries and parking on station then off to go.
I find the lack of even a users guide on the internet rather strange. OK they may have shown my parents how to use it but that does not help me know when they have made a silly mistake as I never saw them.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:13 am

It failed again. The leg would not work from top controller. It again turned out to be flat batteries seems the chair is radio controlled and the PP3 battery went flat. I am now rather worried about the safety of these lifts.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:44 am