Stannah stairlift help needed
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
john9159
Ganger
Ganger

Stannah stairlift help needed

by john9159 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:04 pm

Stannah stairlift - Have a problem where the chair goes so far and then stops, a sounder then beeps at regular intervals. On trying the remote control or on-board controls, the chair moves again but can stop at any time thereafter and in no particular part of the travel.
Batteries read ok at about 12.8V - 13.5V, these being 12V 7Ah lead acid types and were fitted four years ago although the stairlift has not been used for most of this time due to the person for whom it was fitted having passed away.
Any suggestions as to why this problem occurs?

ericmark

by ericmark » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:26 am

I have noted on my mother's lift brass contacts that must signal to the control the chair position and if extension arms are in position. If not used I would think these would tarnish so producing an error signal. If yours is similar I would clean and coat with smear of petroleum jelly. Since in the main these units are fitted under contract by the council it would be rare for any normal spark to work on them and since they would likely come under same regulations as lifts I would not really want to work on them.
Eric

craigfer
Labourer
Labourer

Stairlift help

by craigfer » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:16 am

Hi if you havent got your problem sorted Google the following: "stairlift-forum.co.uk"
Lots of stairlift engineers and manufacturers are members so you might get some help

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:01 pm