Strange noise from monoblock tap question
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
hecca

Strange noise from monoblock tap question

Post by hecca » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:22 pm

my bathroom sink has a monoblock tap fitted. ( like the attached )
we recently had the bathroom redone and an unvented water cylinder was fitted. since then we have been plagued by strange noises somewhere in the pipes when we turn on the hot tap.
the hot water comes of course from the cylinder which has a 3 bar setting for the expansion tank. I have just been playing around with my water pressure ( it WAS too high ) and making fast flowing water noises.
to stop this i have reduced the cold water pressure to around 2.5 bar.
the rushing water sounds have now gone but i still have a strange dull thumping sound which seems to depend on the position of the single handle setting on the tap. Now i have just realised that the tap is a monoblock mixer tap which presumably will be sitting there with 2.5 bar on the cold side and 3 bar on the hot side. Am i right that this would make noises ? ... my new kitchen sink tap ( which i havent fitted yet ) is also monoblock but seems to be one of those where the little handle does NOT lift up to turn on the water it just moves left or right to deliver hot or cold water via a single spout .....would that perform without noise ?

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:26 pm