STRANGEST MIXER TAP PROBLEM !
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gaz.s
Labourer
Labourer

STRANGEST MIXER TAP PROBLEM !

by gaz.s » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:25 pm

Anybody out there ever come across this sort of problem? I fitted a replacement mono-block mixer tap in the kitchen today. Luckily it went on o.k and all seems well APART FROM..........well, when we (mainly I !) wash up, the washing up liquid does not lather up, no bubbles! stop laughing! try the same washing up liquid in another sink and there is loads of bubbles!! I used 'bosswhite' pipe joining compound and that is about it. Do you think it could be the silicone grease on the 'O' rings or elsewhere in the tap that could be causing this? This is a real mystery to me. Can anyone advise PLEASE? Stop laughing :) The spray pattern from the hot water head seems to aireate the water plenty, which is different to the original, could this be the reason?? HELP!!

johnb
Ganger
Ganger

by johnb » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:37 am

hi gaz never heard of that one im absolutly sure its not boss white or tap lubricant, does the bowl of water froth when tap is off, some taps have a removablr airator on spout but cannot see this making any difference. all the best let everyone know how you get on john

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:14 am