DIY Doctor

Structural Engineer Fees for Steel Beams

Postby GJB2011 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:21 pm

Hi - New to this so hope this is the right place. I needed a structural engineer to give a quote on steel beams for wall removal etc. I arranged for a company to come round with a view to quoting and they have come back quite expensive. However my question is. They want to invoice me £150 for the initial site visit which they did prior to quoting. It was just a chat about the proposed work. Is this normal? They didn't mention a fee on the phone or in the t+c's for just coming to look at the job and because they are quite expensive I am looking around
Thanks!
GJB2011
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

DIY asbestos test kits

Postby collectors » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:19 am

If someone has to come around, the price will dramatically increase. Have a look on line & if you can draw a simple plan with all the details on, you should get it for about £50.
A company will quite likely send a list of info they need to make a calculation & supply a certificate of thats needed..
collectors
Progress to next rank:
92.7%

Postby GJB2011 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:21 am

Many thanks
GJB2011
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!