DIY Doctor

Stud & Insulation v Insulated plasterboard

Postby Grumpy Boy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:35 am

I need to insulate the soild walls of my barn conversion. The walls are approx. 500mm thick.

Normal suggestions I have been given are to use insulated plasterboard (e.g. Kingspan), which is about 50-70mm thick + 12mm plasterboard.

I checked the cost of these boards and they are quite expensive.

Would vertical studs with normal insulated board 50-70mm thick (e.g. Kingspan) with normal or foil backed plasterboard on top be suitable as I am sure its cheaper.

Grumpy Boy
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:30 pm


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics