DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Stud wall partition and now selling home

Postby oldfashioned » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:12 pm


I have added a stud wall partition onto my landing to create an extra room upstairs. I am now selling my home and need to complete section 4 of the Law Society Property Information Form. The first question is 'Have any of the following changes been made to the whole or any part of the property (including the garden)?'.
I'm assuming I can simply write that I've added a stud partition wall? The second question is the one I'm a little unsure of. 'If Yes to any of the questions in 4.1 and if the work was undertaken during the seller’s ownership of the property: (a) please supply copies of the planning permissions, Building Regulations approvals and Completion Certificates, OR:
(b) if none were required, please explain why these were not required – e.g. permitted development rights applied or the work was exempt from Building Regulations:'
Can anyone tell me if the partition wall I added is exempt from building regulations?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:03 pm

Postby stoneyboy » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:36 pm

Hi oldfashioned
I’d be tempted to put “work did not require BR approval since no structural changes were involved”. However if you do this further questions may be asked. Suggest you plead ignorance - no changes made.
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 6318
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics