Stud wall partition and now selling home
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
oldfashioned
Labourer
Labourer

Stud wall partition and now selling home

by oldfashioned » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:12 pm

Hello,

I have added a stud wall partition onto my landing to create an extra room upstairs. I am now selling my home and need to complete section 4 of the Law Society Property Information Form. The first question is 'Have any of the following changes been made to the whole or any part of the property (including the garden)?'.
I'm assuming I can simply write that I've added a stud partition wall? The second question is the one I'm a little unsure of. 'If Yes to any of the questions in 4.1 and if the work was undertaken during the seller’s ownership of the property: (a) please supply copies of the planning permissions, Building Regulations approvals and Completion Certificates, OR:
(b) if none were required, please explain why these were not required – e.g. permitted development rights applied or the work was exempt from Building Regulations:'
Can anyone tell me if the partition wall I added is exempt from building regulations?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Stud wall partition and now selling home

by stoneyboy » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:36 pm

Hi oldfashioned
I’d be tempted to put “work did not require BR approval since no structural changes were involved”. However if you do this further questions may be asked. Suggest you plead ignorance - no changes made.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1