Stumped on lighting problem
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
terretsdoran
Labourer
Labourer

Stumped on lighting problem

by terretsdoran » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:51 pm

Hi it all started when i turned on the light and there was a pop , abit like a bulb going , but it had'nt and the lights didnt work no more and the fuse hadnt gone . Sooo i thougtht ah faulty switch so i changed and still no light ' the rose looked old so i thought i'd change that but still no luck . So i took the rose down and put in three spotlights and suprisingly still no light . so i thought there must a be a fault in the wire somewhere so i got up in the attic checked everywhere and no fault no where . ive just tested the light switch it has power going through it so i tested the spotlights connection and again power . This is where i'm stumped i,ve even tried wiring a batten fitting up to the connection and still nothing the connection has two twin neg and earth wires and one switch live please anyone help cos i'm stuck thanks for any help at all

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Stumped on lighting problem

by BLAKEY1963 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:39 pm

[quote="terretsdoran"]Hi it all started when i turned on the light and there was a pop , abit like a bulb going , but it had'nt and the lights didnt work no more and the fuse hadnt gone . Sooo i thougtht ah faulty switch so i changed and still no light ' the rose looked old so i thought i'd change that but still no luck . So i took the rose down and put in three spotlights and suprisingly still no light . so i thought there must a be a fault in the wire somewhere so i got up in the attic checked everywhere and no fault no where . ive just tested the light switch it has power going through it so i tested the spotlights connection and again power . This is where i'm stumped i,ve even tried wiring a batten fitting up to the connection and still nothing the connection has two twin neg and earth wires and one switch live please anyone help cos i'm stuck thanks for any help at all[/quote]
TERRETSDORAN
I THINK IT BEST THAT U GET SOMEONE IN TO HELP U
WITH THIS PROBLEM.
BLAKEY1963

njtoulson
Labourer
Labourer

by njtoulson » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:41 pm

i :? [size=18][color=darkblue] too am having probs with my ceiling light_it has a switch at one end of the room and one at the other-however! i can only now turn off the light by turning off the whole of the downstairs lighting circuit at the fuse box! its an ikea light fitting and is differnetly wired to the one i took down-i have a white wire to condend with and nowhere to put it!---- :!: [b]HELP![/b][/color][/size]

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:20 am