Suddenly Lost all freeview and analogue channels
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Housey67
Labourer
Labourer

Suddenly Lost all freeview and analogue channels

by Housey67 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:37 pm

Hi

Does any one have any ideas for this. I got home today at about 6pm and my television said it had no signal and could not find any channels. Since then it cannot find any channels. it scans over and over again and doesnt find anything. This is quite a shock as the television was working fine this morning. I dont know what to do as i have no television and im really bored!!!!
I live in a block of flats with a roof aerial and all of the flats are connected to it.
If you have any suggestions please please please let me know
Thankyou

Faye

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:25 pm

Try turning off at mains for about a minute then turn back on,
what type of box is it?

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:07 pm

Hi, presume you have checked with other flat dwellers that they have signal? If so have you (or your pet cat?)disturbed your aerial lead / scart cable, a short power cut may have turned settop box to standby, can't think what else to do except disconnect scart from box and transfer aerial lead from set top box to TV direct to see if normal signal there, if so s/t box dead,
regards & good luck SPARX

ericmark

by ericmark » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:05 am

If you use RF with VCR, Sky, Freeview etc do they still work? With communal Ariel maybe the supply to active splitter has failed and all have lost their signal? Are you trying for analogue or digital signal? Where I live we lose analogue in November but this changes according to where you live.
I know where my Uncle lives we are fighting with council over supply of sky signal as freeview so poor but FTA (Free to Air) Sky does not have UK History and Sky3 and seems the cards are no longer available since Channel 4 and Channel 5 with More 4 etc removed their encryption.
Easy when my house but when council owned so hard to arrange for a single dish to feed all flats.
My sky has signal strength as well as no signal and so does TV on digital but not on analogue have you lost both or only one type of signal?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:36 am