sunvic tlx 4101 room stat
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
birchway
Labourer
Labourer

sunvic tlx 4101 room stat

by birchway » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:37 pm

been trawling the net for ages now can u guys help out, i have purchased the dreaded Sunvic Tlx 4101 room stat and i am strugglin to wire it.
i have it working but in reverse.boiler fires up when i turn stat down and goes off when turn stat up.

I have 3 wires red , blue and yellow.
red i have connected to 2 com, blue to 1 dem and yellow to 3 sat.

any help would be appreciated, i know this topic has been covered before but I cant make head nor tail of it

cheers

singer
Ganger
Ganger

Room stat

by singer » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:46 am

I'm pretty sure you'll find red, yellow & blue wire you have will be
1) Permanent live
2) Switched live
3) Neutral
You'll need to determine which is which before proceeding. When you've identified which is which disconnect neutral at both ends(Boiler & stat) as it is not required. Then connect permanent live to terminal 2 & switched live to terminal 1.
Stat will then work as required. Hope this helps

ericmark

by ericmark » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:43 am

I have also looked for instructions and failed but it does say volt free so that would mean only two wires are connected.
One would go to Com (Common)
And the other to Dem (Demand)
The Sat (Satisfied) contact would only be used with air conditioning.
As to why three wires from boiler some thermostats have a small heater built in to reduce the differential between on and off temperature and this needs a neutral connection but this would not be required with the thermostat you have and would be either disconnected at boiler or taped up.
So looking at what you say I would expect blue is not used and yellow should go to Dem with Red left as it is.
I just hope you have not damaged the thermostat by shorting out red to blue.
Eric

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:17 pm