Suspending a Heavy Duty Shelf from Above in Garage Workshop
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
lobsterpants
Labourer
Labourer

Suspending a Heavy Duty Shelf from Above in Garage Workshop

by lobsterpants » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:15 am

Hi folks,

Hopefully this is the right forum & someone can point me in the right direction with this.

I am organising my garage/workshop and am looking to put a shelf in one corner. The shelf will be 2 foot wide & 2 foot deep and made out of some kitchen worktop I have spare. The walls are solid brick, so I figure I can batten underneath both sides which are against the wall which just leaves the problem of 1 hanging corner.

I could put a normal HD shelf bracket under it but I would like to keep the area underneath clear. So I was thinking I need a HD version of the brackets on this shelf: http://media.therange.co.uk/pws/client/images/catalogue/products/508771/zoom/508771.jpg

I have done a lot of googling but cannot find any - (google is great if you know the name of what you are looking for, but when you don't its impossible). Can anyone point me in the direction of such a bracket? or suggest an alternative way of suspending the shelf?

thanks.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Suspending a Heavy Duty Shelf from Above in Garage Workshop

by welsh brickie » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:59 pm

A 2 feet deep shelf, will be quite a weight when full, I would drill a hole in the shelf and suspend it on wires or threaded rods with nuts from the roof.

lobsterpants
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Suspending a Heavy Duty Shelf from Above in Garage Workshop

by lobsterpants » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:55 pm

Thanks for replying - that sounds like the way to do it.

cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am