DIY Doctor

Main navigation


Postby DAVE 666 » Wed May 07, 2008 5:51 pm

What is tanking please
DAVE 666
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 9:13 am

Postby Fishie42 » Thu May 08, 2008 3:30 pm

A waterproof membrane or damp proof course to concrete floors/retaining walls etc is often refered to as tanking.

It's to stop damp coming im you "tank" the outside of say a new concrete basement wall.

Hope that is in the right meaning!?

Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:38 am

Postby stevenc1603 » Tue May 13, 2008 11:35 am

You also get tanking systems for shower/wet rooms.

These are paint on systems that provide a waterproof layer between the plaster and the tile adhesive.
Rank: Ganger
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 11:59 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!