Tanking system in garage conversion compromised?
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

Bonnie123
Labourer
Labourer

Tanking system in garage conversion compromised?

by Bonnie123 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:11 am

HI

I'm just wondering if our builder has compromised our tanking system in the garage. (we are converting it to a room)

The tanking slurry applied took a good few months to sort its self out due to the extent of the damp/water. (neighbours elevated garden backs onto our garage wall, 2/3 ground high)

The same builder, had an electrician working under him and told him where to put the plug socks etc.
we have just realised that all the back boxes have be put in the wall with no tanking system behind them.
Also the skirting board has been screwed on with 8 cm screws which have go straight into the wall through the tanking system.

Its a delicate topic to bring up with our builder as he is building an extension at the rear of our house and the garage conversion in nearing completion, he offered to do the damp proofing and said he could do it, but i'm wondering if hes not overly experienced at it - but i may be wrong.

Just wanting a little advice about if the system is compromised and maybe how to tackle it.

Thanks

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:39 pm