Tap in garage
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ste
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tap in garage

Post by ste » Thu May 22, 2008 11:06 pm

Hello this is my first post, after looking through this website everyone seems very helpful.

So my first question is...
I am wanting to fit two outside taps in my garage, hot and cold (hot to save me going in the house for a bucket of water when washing the car)
My garage is directly below the bathroom, but my house has concrete floors, so my question is can I drill two holes through the concrete floor into my garage?
Obviousley the easy option would be to drill holes in the wall of the bathroom and wall of the garage but I don't really want pipes on the outside of my house.

Hope someone can help me out!
Thanks
Steven

Rico
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by Rico » Fri May 23, 2008 8:41 am

Hi there,

Your house has concrete floors upstairs???? how old is it.

Yes you could drill through the floors but would be a pain in the a@@

Do you have to have them in the garage, can you not put them outside the kitchen then you could just take the feeds from the kitchen taps.

Rico

ste
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ste » Fri May 23, 2008 2:55 pm

My house is 5 years old, its a strange style of house called a coach house, with everything on the first floor then garages underneath (sort of a first floor flat) I am just wanting to know my floor isn't going to fall through when i drill it :shock: as I don't have any idea how concrete floors are supported.

Thanks

goose
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by goose » Fri May 23, 2008 6:42 pm

I know the kind of house you mean - I was considering buying one as my first home before everything gone funny!

It is unlikely that by drilling two pipe sized holes are going to damage the structual integrety of the floor. (please correct me if I wrong!!)

Depending on the construction of the floor, 1 large cast piece of concrete or possible hollow cast with insulation infilled. use a pipe detector to check for any reinforcing rods - you're going to have a real probs if you hit one of them.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:18 pm