DIY Doctor

Tap plastic insert help

Postby sim6827 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:46 am

The black plastic insert which screws into the outlet end of my bath mixer tap has failed.

The thread is worn out and the plastic bars through the middle are all cracked and broken.

Not sure what the correct name for this piece is but hoping someone here can advise me.

Now that the piece is out of the end of the tap the water flows out in all directions instead of straight down into the bath.

Can you purchase a replacement insert and if so where from or do I have to encounter the higher cost of replacing the entire tap unit?

Thanks in advance.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:28 pm


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics