DIY Doctor

Taper edge or straight ege plasterboard

Postby graemer57 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:30 pm

Am building a new extension (block and render). Shell is up, windows in and everything is roofed and waterproof. Intend to use dot and dab plasterboard and then get in a pro to skim over ENTIRE finished surface as is a 7m wall and want best finish possible. Am getting conflicting advice on whether to use normal plasterboard or taper edge board, even though don't intend to just tape and skim only the joints but skim the whole surface. Anyone have a recommendation based on experience?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:21 am

Postby kbrownie » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:05 pm

If your plastering whole walls, you can use either, the norm would be to stick with square edge.
Taper edged boards are generally for dry lining and ames taping the joints.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 1995
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:36 pm

Postby TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:21 pm

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!
Posts: 1382
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics