taps
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
BRIDGY
Apprentice
Apprentice

taps

by BRIDGY » Thu May 07, 2009 11:06 pm

I bought all new taps for my Bathroom WC 7years ago from XandX now they need to be replaced all cracked and broken causing leaks and hard to clean, can any one advise a make and approx price I would need to pay for good quality?? Thanks :cry:

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri May 08, 2009 7:47 pm

Never been to X&X, but don't particularly like B&Q.

It's all down to personal choice - what do you want to spend ?

Screwfix have a good range in varying prices, you could buy the cheapest there and they will probably last a good few years.

htg

shaunette
Labourer
Labourer

shower mixer tap

by shaunette » Sun May 10, 2009 8:45 am

when I turn my shower on water still runs from the bath tap....enough still comes through the shower.....why is this?....do I need a new set of mixer taps?

steve the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

Re: shower mixer tap

by steve the plumber » Sun May 10, 2009 9:07 pm

[quote="shaunette"]when I turn my shower on water still runs from the bath tap....enough still comes through the shower.....why is this?....do I need a new set of mixer taps?[/quote]

When you turn the lever it should shut the water off from the taps, but in your case it doesn't.

A new tap would be the easiest option.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: shower mixer tap

by rosebery » Sun May 10, 2009 9:40 pm

shaunette wrote: "when I turn my shower on water still runs from the bath tap....enough still comes through the shower.....why is this?....do I need a new set of mixer taps?"

The diverter valve internal to the taps is faulty. Its either a washer issue or a new diverter valve needs to be installed (inserted into the tap body). No you don't need a whole new set of taps.

It wold have been better to start a new thread if I might say so rather than adding something completely different to this one. Never mind.

Cheers

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:44 am