Tee Valve off IV?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
wyldey
Labourer
Labourer

Tee Valve off IV?

by wyldey » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:20 pm

A few months ago I stripped back a cold water pipe in my kitchen and left an Isolating Valve on the end.
Now, i'd like to connect 2 things to this pipe; feed to a fridge and also to a dishwasher.
The pipe is 15mm copper and the IV ends with what i think, is a 3/4" end... Individually, both appliances could screw onto the IV.

My question:
What is the easiest way to connect the two fittings to the IV?

I'm not fussed about both appliances having an IV, the current one to feed both will suffice.
In my head, the easiest way would be to screw a 3/4" female Tee Valve which has two 3/4" male connections - but i get the impression i'm just 'making up' my own parts!

Any help would be greatfully received!

Thank you,
Neil

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

by nitro23456 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:17 pm

You could buy a compression fitting tee and just take off the top nut and olive of the existing isolation valve and discard it. Using the olive and nut of the tee to connect it to the isolation valve.

Personally, I would get rid of the isolaltion valve and keep it as a spare and then buy a tee with an isolator in it to replace it with.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:45 pm

15mm tee,
15mm pipe,
2 x washing machine valves.

The dishwasher will come with a hose the same as a washing machine and probably the fridge will too.

Can't see it being too difficult.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:38 pm