Temperamental Boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
chalkiej
Apprentice
Apprentice

Temperamental Boiler

Post by chalkiej » Sun May 17, 2009 12:20 pm

Any advice would be welcome. I have an Alpha CB24 Boiler it was running a very small leak on one of the joints underneath the boiler. I had the leak fixed and since then it keeps 'bombing' out ie flashing red light. I am able to reset it but it decides itself how long it will keep itself on for. I used to have a low pressure problem and this time when it cuts out it doesn't drop pressure at all. Looking at the fault guide it says if the red light is constant then it could be a stat or pump problem. It doesn't seem to be overheating as I would hear it. It is very odd I need it fixed before the winter any advice would be very grateful. It is now only staying on for hot water when I try and put heating and hot water back on it crashes out again.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Sun May 17, 2009 6:09 pm

See answer in your other thread which for some reason you put in the bathroom and waste plumbing forum.

Please only start one thread for each problem. It makes it much easier to deal with and if you end up with conflicting advice from more than one thread........... well you can imagine what I mean.

Cheers

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Sun May 17, 2009 7:04 pm

I don't know the LED fault sequence for Alpha boilers so guessing - I would start looking at CH sensor, if it works fine on hot water there can't be much wrong, if there was a problem with the pump, fan, APS, gas valve, flame failure etc etc then you would expect it to go off on DHW & CH settings.

As the manufacturers instructions say it could be a stat fault - so it could be the CH sensor to blame.

Alpha make very poor boilers - if you do change it in the future - stay away from Alpha.

htg

chalkiej
Apprentice
Apprentice

Temperamental Boiler

Post by chalkiej » Mon May 18, 2009 7:28 am

Yea sorry I saw that other heading first then saw the Central heating after.....my mistake!

chalkiej
Apprentice
Apprentice

Temperamental Boiler

Post by chalkiej » Mon May 18, 2009 5:23 pm

Hey Rosebery
After considering myself told off took ur advice ...........question for you have you had any dealings with alpha-innovation.co.uk before????

Thing is they charge £247 for a call out which includes any parts replacement up to £500 call out etc however I am concerned that they asked for this up front, engineer to call in 2 hours (not yet received)......I could be over reacting as I may know what the fault is and think I may have been done!!!!!!!

chalkiej
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by chalkiej » Thu May 21, 2009 2:32 pm

Boiler all fixed needed new PCB am a very happy bunny thanks for your help!!!!

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1