Test Equipment
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
johnnyuhtar
Apprentice
Apprentice

Test Equipment

Post by johnnyuhtar » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:45 pm

Hi Guys
Looking for some to buy a multi function tester could anyone recomend an easy to use make/ model as there's hundreds out there !
Got a few in mind :- Di-Log 9083P / Seaward powertest 1557 (think these are both the same thing different wrapper) or a Megger 1552 would appreciate any suggestions and cheap stockests
Thanks for your comments / time
Johnny

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:08 pm

Hi Johnny,
I am about to take my 3rd 1552 back to avo Dover due to faulty sw. AGAIN, met others at recent ECA 17th ed Seminar who have same probs.
which Avo denigh is prob....
only good bit abt it is remote push button on probe to start tests, have DILOG 9073 which tests ok if you got at least 3 hands!!!
Oh & it doesn't need elastic bands to keep croc clips in place unlike AVO,
[nothing to declare] have had Alphateck also-Don't bother, no-trip works but reads air!!
regards SPARX

johnnyuhtar
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by johnnyuhtar » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:56 pm

Sparx
Thanks for the advice mate, I was swayed towards the Megger becase of the probe, seemed a good idea, and the brand name, But think I will go for the Di-log 9083P instead, as I dont use the thing that much and if anything goes wrong with the Megger it, will probably be out of warranty by the time I relise ! plus the Di-log is £150 cheaper !!
Thanks for your time and advice
Johnny :D

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:51 pm