Thermostatic Combi Fed Bristan Quadrato Shower not Firing Boiler

Postby CliveK » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:36 pm

My thermostatic shower temperature would not change so after reading a few posts decided to remove and clean the cartridge. Whilst investigating the set up i removed a grub screw which popped out the cartridge followed by the contents of my mains feed (feel free to ridicule me but i thought it would have been a screwed fitting). While panicking i pushed the cartridge back in and just held it best i could in place with water gushing out.After i managed to get the wife to turn off the water and dry out the bathroom i visually checked the cartridge for damage and lime scale. None could be seen so i replaced it and tried the shower. Only cold water is coming out now. The boiler will no longer fire. All the hot taps in the bathroom work fine and fire the boiler.

Have i damaged the thermostatic unit (i would guess that the pressure of shoving the cartridge back in should not overload it but what do i know).

Or could i have an airlock in the hot feed and how do i get it out.

Or something else.

The shower is a combi fed Bristan Quadrato. No adjustments have been made to water pressure since the incident (that could have happened to any fool). Previously the temperature of the water was mid 30's but i wanted it hotter. The on off tap side seems to work fine, there are no leaks since the incident (really it could have happened to anyone!!). If you have made it this far and havent either laughed or hung your head in disbelief you are doing well.
Any help on what i need to do is appreciated.
Thanks
clive
CliveK
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!