DIY Doctor

Thermostatic Mixer Shower Fitting

Postby spluffy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:30 am

I have just recently purchased a thermostatic mixer shower and need the following advice.

Basically "how do I connect the water supplies to the mixer body"

The mixer body has a hot and cold inlet (left and right entry) and the outlet that goes vertical.

All three are internaly threaded 3/4" or 19mm. There are no connectors supplied with the shower. What type of connector should I use?

Many thanks

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:18 am


Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:38 pm

Have you bought this on the cheap ? if not then there's some bits missing, it should come with all connectors.

Something like: ... ler-15mm-x
in chrome

Will do the job, but may not look that good, if surface mounted.

htg engineer
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Postby rosebery » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:33 pm

If its a recessed valve then you might not have the connectors with it as it will depend on how it is piped whether a straight coupler or a right angled coupler is required.

HE is correct - use 3/4" x 15mm connectors.

Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:55 pm

Postby plumbbob » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:55 pm

Bristan are devils for not supplying all necessary bits for BIV's. Considering how expensive the valves are, it is really annoying to have to go shopping every time I open a box.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 1891
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:59 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics