DIY Doctor

Thermostatic shower cutting out - Salamander CT50 Twin (2014)

Postby HokkaHokka » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:49 pm

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to post this, but yesterday our shower developed a fault and the power would not kick in.
I switched it off at the power and ran the water for a bit which seemed to resolve it but we had the same problem today but worse. I managed to get it started again and have tried running with power off severel times but the issue persists and it only goes intermittently and keeps stopping after about 5 seconds of flow before starting again then cutting out etc.
Any advise please? I'm wondering if the pump has had it or there is not enough water going through?
We have a tank in the loft and cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard beside the bathroom.

Thanks

HH
HokkaHokka
Progress to next rank:
75%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Fri May 01, 2020 10:57 pm

Hi hokahoka
Most likely problem is with the flow switches which turn on the pump. Check if there are filters in the pump connections. If these are fitted and are clear you may be lucky and find the switches are replaceable - if not it's a new pump.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Postby HokkaHokka » Sat May 02, 2020 9:09 am

stoneyboy wrote:Hi hokahoka
Most likely problem is with the flow switches which turn on the pump. Check if there are filters in the pump connections. If these are fitted and are clear you may be lucky and find the switches are replaceable - if not it's a new pump.
Regards S

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
I'm unsure where the flow switches are located (despite having checked manual that I found online) so might give tech support a ring or get in a plumber as soon as lockdown has ended!
I have been able to turn valves to cut off water supply and disconnect the inlet hoses from the cold water tank and the hot water cylinder, but only the cold water hose had a filter - do you whether this is normal?
There was a little debris on the single filter that I found which I washed off but it hasn't corrected the problem unfortunately.
I assume that I don't need to check outlets for filters (i.e. pipes leading from the pump to the shower) or should I check these as well?
Thanks again.
HH
HokkaHokka
Progress to next rank:
75%

Postby HokkaHokka » Sat May 02, 2020 10:15 am

stoneyboy wrote:Hi hokahoka
Regards S

Thanks, I'll look into it - really appreciate the help.
Take care
HH
HokkaHokka
Progress to next rank:
75%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!